Guide on how to measure your ring size
Milame Design can take your ring size if you pop into our workshop at 27A Cambridge Avenue, Craighall Park, Johannesburg, 2016. Alternatively if you are not based in Johannesburg you can go to any jeweller in your area to have your size taken which will give us an accurate measurement to work with.
Please note that Milame Design takes no responsibility for the incorrect size supplied by the customer.
How to measure your ring size – Selecting the correct ring size can be a tricky task. In South Africa, we traditionally measure ring sizes by using letters of the alphabet. Below is a quick guide to help you measure your ring size:
- On warm days or during exercise, your fingers may be swollen – so it is advisable that you do not attempt to measure your finger size under these conditions.
- Cut a piece of string or a thin strip of paper.
- Wrap the piece of string / paper around the finger where you are planning to wear the ring.
- Make sure the string / paper is not too tight or too loose.
- Use a marker to draw a line on the string / paper where it completes the circle around your finger.
- Measure the string / paper with a ruler (in mm). This is the circumference of the ring.
- Use the converter table below to determine your ring size and order the ring size closest to what we have available.
- NB: Please bear in mind that broad rings will require extra width on your finger.
Ring Sizes A To Z – “Wheat Sheaf” System Of Lettering (British Standard)
|Ring Size – SA||Inside Diameter mm||Inside Circumference mm|